This month our featured cookie is the biscotti. I love making biscotti! I love the crunchy texture and the fact you are supposed to dip them in your hot drink! I do think there is a secret for making good biscotti and I'll share that with you in a minute.
Today I am making White Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Biscotti. This recipe was
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3 tablespoons mild molasses
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
White Chocolate Dip
6 ounces vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark), chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Heat oven to 350°F. Lay parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Add eggs; continue beating until well mixed. Add molasses; continue beating until well mixed. Add flour and baking powder; beat at low speed until well mixed.
Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 12-inch log on lightly floured surface. Place logs 3 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet. Flatten logs slightly.
Bake 22 minutes or until lightly browned and tops are slightly cracked. Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes on cookie sheet.
Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. (see how this is in different type setting? It is important.)
Carefully place logs onto cutting surface. Cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices with serrated knife. (that's the secret, a serrated knife is a MUST.) Place, cut-side down, onto cookie sheets, lined with parchment.
Return to oven. Bake 9 minutes; turn slices. Continue baking 5-7 minutes or until cookies are dry and crisp. Cool completely.
Place candy coating into bowl. Microwave 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted and smooth. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
Dip cookies flat side down. Place icing side up to dry.
- Almond Lemon Biscotti by Basic N Delicious
- Banana Walnut Biscotti by Upstate Ramblings
- Chocolate Almond Biscotti by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Toffee Biscotti by Live Bake Love
- Currant Walnut Biscotti by Magnolia Days
- Dark Chocolate and Pistachio Biscotti by Flours and Frostings
- Gingerbread Biscotti by Food Lust People Love
- Gluten Free Chocolate Biscotti by What Smells So Good?
- Holiday Biscotti Bar by The Spiced Life
- Honey Beescotti by Oven Delights
- Mocha Biscotti by A Baker's House
- Orange Pistachio Biscotti by 2 Cookin' Mamas
- Parmesan Black Pepper Biscotti by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Peppermint Kahlua Chocolate-Dipped Biscotti by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- White Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Biscotti by Christmas Tree Lane