Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Pinterest Craft: Wine Cork Card Holder

I wanted to come up with a Christmas card holder since I wasn't using my Christmas Card Tree any longer.  Last year I bundled the cards together on a binder ring with a large bow and set it out on a table.  That was fine, but I wanted to find something else.



I saw an idea on Pinterest using a yardstick and wine corks.  Since I have thousands of wine corks and have a tradition of making something with them each holiday, it seemed like the perfect solution.

My daughter and I sat down and sorted the corks into horizontal and vertical designs.  Then we proceeded to hot glue the corks to the yardstick.  We chose a sturdy yardstick with a hole at the top for the hook.



Holding onto the corks while the glue set seemed to be the easiest way to make sure the corks were secure.  We worked our way down the yardstick.


Until we finished!  We let the yardstick rest over night before we hung it up.  The finished product was just what I wanted!


Would you like to comment?

  1. Love it. Great way to display your cards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific way to display your cards! I will have to give this a try.
    My husband and I were just discussing this year of how we could display our cards better. He doesn't like to have them put away in a basket, or card pocket holder as he misses out on looking at them.
    What a lovely visit I had here today.

    Merry Christmas!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hadn't seen that one! it is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!