Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Friday, November 23, 2018

Countdown to Christmas Calendars Day 3 12 Days of Christmas

I'm excited for Day three because I love Christmas countdown activities.  We always got those cute chocolate countdown (we called them advent calendars) from my grandmother. Each little opening had a delightful piece of chocolate!  In this day and age, we are all trying to cut or reduce the amount of sugar in our diets, so I came up with a fun activities based calendar.

Welcome to Day 3 of the Fourth Annual 12 Days of Christmas Series!
DIY Christmas Ideas and Recipes you can use this year! DIY Christmas Decor and Games Ideas #12daysofChristmas
We have teamed up with 50 plus bloggers to bring you a oodles of DIY Ideas and Recipes to make your holiday season merrier. There are 12 different posts in the series and we have spread them out over a four week period with three posts per week. Now is the time to subscribe!
GO HERE for the complete list of Dates and Topics plus a collection of most popular holiday ideas including ornaments, games, recipes and more from all 50 plus talented bloggers!
It's Day 3 and we are sharing DIY Christmas Countdown Calendar Ideas!


The Countdown to Christmas Calendar is actually a set of 24 activities that you can use in a variety of ways. Download and print this sheet, cut the activities apart, and go from there. Today I am going to show you how I used this grid of activities in a couple of ways.

For this delightful countdown, all the activities are written down on cute cards and numbered. Starting with 24 (days to Christmas) you read that night's activity and do it as a family. Count backwards until there is only one more day until Christmas! Use the link below to get the activities!


The other way to use this card set is to NOT number them, just pull an activity out of the box and do what it says. It is important in that case to store the used cards away from the used cards.

The box I am storing these in came from Dollar Tree. I love how the "lid" is incorporated into the box. Super simple to use. I also love that it is a smallish box. It would be adorable under the tree or on a table.

A cute box decorated with gingerbread men contains a list of activities to do as a countdown to Christmas.

Scroll down for many more DIY Christmas Countdown Calendar Ideas for your holiday season!






Would you like to comment?

  1. thank you so much for sharing these ideas. I will def do some of these

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some fab Christmas themed activities to do here

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some great ideas for Christmas Advent Calendars! I personally love the beauty ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a selection of fabulous ideas!! Totally loving them, so creative and out of the box too, thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a neat collection of calendars! I usually never get one but I wouldnt find a beauty themed calendar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I love all of these ideas! I think the one with the cute little stockings is so fun! I think my kiddos would think it was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just amazing ideas for Christmas preps

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great christmas Advent calendars. My fav. is the stockings one

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a wonderful idea!! hope you have a fab week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all great crafts that I would have to search over pinterest for but you put them in one space and I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are really nice. I made some fabric pouches for my felt calendar and I fill it up with zen-relaxing ideas for me now that the kids are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are some good ideas! I am still thinking to make my advent calendar but these help me tons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never tried to make this kind of thing for Christmas and I think this is the best time for me to do that. Thanks for sharing this great idea with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, You have so much great content on your Blog! Could you please share some songs for eve night?

    Hey, Thanks for sharing nice wishes! Do you have some christmas songs ideas?

    Best Merry Christmas Quotes
    Famous Funny Christmas Quotes
    Famous Christmas Quotes about
    Family

    Short Christmas Quotes for Cards
    Funny Inspirational Christmas Quotes

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!