Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Thursday, November 6, 2014

Thinking about Christmas Past

Do you keep a holiday notebook?  A group of friends and I formed our current Christmas Notebooks almost fifteen years ago (is that right, GLU Girls???) and I have continued to use mine to plan my holidays.  I will say though, that after doing this work for all this time, I don't really have the need to review my plans.  I like to look at the Notebook, though, to take a walk down Memory Lane!  I have had a  Christmas Notebook  39 years, evolving into what my current notebook is today!



This year, I made a special event of looking at my notebook.  I got my favorite red mug, made some hot chocolate, turned on some holiday music and started turning the pages.

My first section is filled with holiday cards that I have sent over the years.  I love looking at them, they show much organization and love!  Some of these cards were planned for months in advance.  One of my favorites, the one shown below, is an artist's sketch of my darling dogsons, Truman and Wilson.  The artist is Fifi and the link is to her Etsy shop. The sketch is of a photograph I took.

Other sections include recipes, gifts given, Christmas letters, party planner (my husband had a party for the staff for twenty years at our home.  All the plans for those parties are still in my notebook!), photos of decor throughout the years, budgets, Christmas ornaments purchased, and some odd and end lists.  Such a fun experience to relive the past holidays!

How do you remember past Christmases?  Do you have a notebook?  I think the future does not bode well for notebooks, I think that the internet, blogging, Instagram, etc., will hold all our memories!


Would you like to comment?

  1. Hi Terri! Thanks for stopping by my blog and joining the exchange. You are showing up as a neo-reply commenter. Please send me an e-mail at vickyhunt0605@gmail.com and I will send you the information...:)

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea. I love family photos. Isn't it a shame that digital photography was not yet available years ago? That's awesome that you have been keeping your Christmas Notebook for so many years. Thank you for the nice comment on my blog. I am now following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!