Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Thursday, December 5, 2013

Challenge 5: Traditions

I am now in the middle of my 50s and I am finding that the traditions my husband and I have made over the years are changing with our changing family.  My daughter needs to spend time with her husband's family as well as ours.  This year, for the first time in her life, she will be spending Christmas Eve with someone other than her mom and dad.  It's sad, but part of the natural progression as our lives change.  Soon she will want to spend Christmas at her own house, with her own (hopefully) children.

So, the traditions I list below are ones that I loved, that I feel were what made our Christmases extra special. 

1.  New pjs on Christmas Eve.
2.  Watching It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve.
3.  Attending Midnight Mass.
4.  Trying out new Christmas cocktails.
5.  Having my mom's eggnog.
6.  Making a gourmet breakfast after we open gifts on Christmas Day.

Christmas Eve snacks, 2011. 
Santa and Mrs. Claus were painted by my mother in the 1970s.

Would you like to comment?

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!