Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Joy to the World!

On of my favorite Christmas carols is Joy to the World. The music is, um, joyful, and the words hopeful and inspiring.  Here's one of my favorite versions:



I just love Pentatonix. I have seen them in concert, and they are every bit as wonderful as you might imagine!

Joy to the World was written in 1719 by Isaac Watts, based on Psalm 98 of the Bible. He was an ordained minister and was awarded the Doctor of Divinity by the University of Edinburgh in 1728. The music is by George Frederick Handel. According to hymnary.org, it is the most published Christmas hymn in North America.  The carol has been recorded by Andy Williams, the Supremes, Bing Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald, Johnny Cash, Nat King Cole, Neil Diamond, Pat Boone, Perry Como, Mariah Carey and Pentatonix and many others, according to Wikipedia.

Please accept this beautiful printable as a gift from me for this holiday season. Let me see what you do with this work!  Will you frame it?  Make an ornament?  Gift it to a friend?  Let me know!

You may use this printable as long as you do not sell it, make items to sell from it or profit by it in any way, unless written permission is obtained by Terri Steffes, curator of Christmas Tree Lane.  Thank you.

Would you like to comment?

  1. Yes, the Pentatonix version is beautiful, but I think my favorite is the Neil Diamond recording because he sounds SO HAPPY when he's singing it. Brings tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, he does! My grandmother's last name was Bettis, too. Maybe we are long lost cousins!

      Delete
    2. Small world! My Bettis clan was/is in Oklahoma.

      Delete
  2. I love this song too, and the Pentatonix version. Lovely printable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this awesome printable! I'm so excited for Christmas. As soon as October hits, I start planning for The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cool! Joy to the world!!! Can't be more excited for Christmas. Thanks a lot for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great version. So modern and uplifting. I didn't know it had been covered so many times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I started digging for information, I kept finding more and more!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing your printable! I am so excited for Christmas - I cannot wait to start planning food and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is such a nice version of the song Joy to the World which is also my favorite Christmas carol too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the lovely printable! I enjoy that carol too - and I think Pentatonix are such a talented group!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great intro of Pentatnix and glad you have also include the youtube here. I too enjoy their singing a lot. Xmas is just few months away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas is definitely my favourite time of year. I can't believe we are so close. Thanks for this lovely printable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christmas in one of our favorite holidays, we are so excited! We love singing carols too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited for christmas! love the free printable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didnt know how popular this was to be covered. I'm not very knowledgeable on Christmas music though

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that Joy to the World has so many renditions. I t can joyful, serene, or soulful. It really depends who is singing it which one you'll get.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a classic song for the holidays! I love it! This printable is so pretty, I'd definitely hang it up in my home! And I'm with you, I LOVE Pentatonix!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joy to the World is a song that can be sung in various ways and the concept is still the same. Christmas joy of Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep! Christmas is the best time of the year. The printable is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!