Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Merry Christmas, the Burro

My family and I spent a week in Palm Springs last week, and one of the adventures we went on was to the Cabot Museum in Desert Hot Springs. There, our guide Moises, told us a story about Merry Christmas the burro.  I am always "all ears open" when I am listening to tales about Christmas!


It seems that Cabot had a burro he named Merry Christmas (reasons unknown) that he dearly loved.  When the burro smelled the breakfast pancakes, he would trot to the pueblo and right into the house.  He would walk right up to Cabot and eat the pancakes with him!  The burro was very smart and learned a few commands.  Once Cabot and Merry Christmas got caught in a dust storm. It looked bad for Cabot and Merry Christmas, but Cabot told Merry Christmas to "go home."  And he did!

The gift shop had a tiny stuffed burro that was named Merry Christmas, so I purchased one as a souvenir of our trip. I plan to write a short story about Merry Christmas the Burro, so be on the lookout for a new Christmas story.

Until next week, enjoy THIS story of another Christmas Burro!


Would you like to comment?

  1. What a fun story. I would have gotten one at the souvenir shop, too! Too fun to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love tales (pun intended) like this. I'd look forward to reading your Burrow story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard this tale is many, many years. Hope if people don't know the story they will go and look it up. Read about it, they will enjoy the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't recall ever hearing this story so it is fun to hear about someone who has!

      Delete
  4. I hadn't heard of this story before. How cute! The burro wanted pancakes too. I can't blame him. I'd have bought the stuffed burro too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would come to the aroma of pancakes too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be fun! I really like the story. I've never heard of that before but it is extremely cute. I would want pancakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember learning the word "burro" in Spanish class back in the day. Now that is an epic name to give to a donkey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of this but comparing this to myself I would definitely be same as the Burro when it comes to pancakes! Will look forward on your next Christmas story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute. Looking forward to reading your short story about Merry Christmas. Funny where we find inspiration isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great story. Looking forward to reading all about your Burro story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a cute story. I bet my kids would enjoy that one! I can't wait to read the short story!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to read the story of Burro. Sure it is going to nice, I will comeback and read it. I love to collect Christmas souvenirs too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this story. I could picture burro eating pancakes. I’ll look out for your Christmas story!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute story! I can't wait to see your Christmas story!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This reminds me of our trip in Tennessee. There's a place in Pigeon Forge called The Inn in Christmas Place. Star of Burro sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I actually think that is a fantastic name for a burro. It is relevant in more than one way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a fun adventure. I loved hearing that story!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute is that relationship! I think it's adorable that the burro would go over during breakfast and even learned a few commands. I'm sure you guys had loads of fun from that trip!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This burro story made me smile. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!