Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Oreo Christmas Cookie Ideas

I have been in love with Oreos since I was a little girl.  These cookies were a staple at my house for many years.

I have always wondered where the name came from, and there are many thoughts about that.  My favorite is that it is a derivative from Oreodaphne, a part of the laurel family.  The original Oreo package had a laurel wreath on it, so the connection is pretty clear!

I have loved using Oreos to make my holiday treats.  The truffles made from oreos and cream cheese are my family's favorites. I love using the mint oreos to make these each Christmas. Do you have a favorite flavor for your truffles?

Here are ten of my favorite Oreo Christmas cookies.  Can you pick out just one favorite?  I couldn't!

Ten Oreo Christmas Cookies



Santa Oreos by Positively Splendid

Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies by Inside Bru Crew

Snowflake Oreo Cookies by A Pumpkin and A Princess

Oreo Rudolph Cookies by A Sparkle of Genius

Snowmen Oreo Cookie Pops by Spend With Pennies

Chocolate Covered Christmas Oreos by the Soccer Mom Blog

Oreo Snowball Cookies by Flour on my Face

Oreo Wreath Cookies by Premeditated Leftovers

Oreo Christmas Coal by Passion for Savings

Would you like to comment?

  1. I'm going to try the Rudolph cookies with my grands...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The holiday season is my time to go on a baking spree! I try to add a new cookie into the mix every year and so many of these suggestions are perfect. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can hear the Christmas bells already, I am so excited! And of course, Christmas dessert are always on my list as a gift to others. I love these ideas, so creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas is my most favorite time of the year and seeing these cookies is making me giddy with excitement. :) Can't wait to make some of those adorable cookies this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OREO are such great treats! These are some great creative desert suggestions. The santas and reindeers are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look like so much fun! I love baking around the holidays, and these are all super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great ideas. I will actually be doing a few this Christmas and i'm looking forward to it! - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oreos are my favorite too. I love the cute cookies but it is a bit too much work for this girl. Dipping them in chocolate alone would be okay and then dipping in sprinkles or crushed candy cane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a horrible heat wave in Southern California for the entire summer. Normally, I'm not so desperate for cool weather. But between the temperature relief and these ADORABLE cookie ideas, I'm ready to skip right to December.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cookies look so good! Makes me want to wish it is December soon. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted to try the orea snowballs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this! I have made this so many times. Everyone that tries it, loves it!

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!