Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Wednesday, August 8, 2018

DIY Ornaments to Start NOW!

I like to get a jump on my homemade ornaments for a couple of reasons.  The first is I am involved in an ornament exchange (this is an easy origami tree that I made for them last year!) that I have been participating in for over ten years!  We make a dozen or so of the same ornament, ship them to the organizer, then she ships them to us in time to open them on Thanksgiving!  It is so exciting to get that box!  Two, I am a part of an ornament exchange (last year I made this coastal ornament!) where we have a partner and we exchange homemade ornaments.  This will be my third year in this group!  Third, it gives me a long time to make them! 

Here are some DIY ornaments to start now!  Below is a list of ornaments that are going to be some of your favorites for this year!  I love to see what crafters can come up with each year!



DIY Christmas Tree Ornaments

Mini Felt Camper Hoop Ornament by i Heart Naptime

Salt Dough Ornaments by A Beautiful Mess

Wooden Snowflakes by the Painted Hinge

Christmas Lama by The Country Chic Cottage

Mini Wooden Sign Ornaments by The Turquoise Home

3D Paper Tree Ornaments by Lia Griffith

Farmhouse Ornaments by Hip2Save

Letter-board Christmas Ornaments by My Sisters’ Suitcase

Birdseed Ornaments by One Little Project

Wooden Tree Succulent Ornaments by Craftaholics Anonymous

Which is your favorite?  I love them all!  Maybe I will make one of each this year!  

Would you like to comment?

  1. I love the mini felt camper ornament! It's adorable. Actually, all the ornaments are so pretty. The llama is so cute too. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of my ornaments are homemade and those are the ones that are most special to me! I love all the ones you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now here are some great looking Christmas ornaments. We usually like to have at least a couple of new ornaments every year to go on the Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this idea! I want to organize one. I can absolutely see why you are starting now to make your ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited Christmas is almost here and now that my stepdaughter has moved home I will see if she would like to make some of the Ornaments with my son and I as they are the crafty ones. Not I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great way to develop a relationship with your stepdaughter!

      Delete
  6. I love the birdseed ornaments. I'm thinking I might make the with my grandsons to decorate a tree in their backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The time to start is now.I love giving homemade ornaments as a gift to my fellow teachers. These are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only time I made a ornament myself was in elementary school! The Llama one is so cute, great activity to do with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Llama. It is adorable. I need to try and have the kids make some ornaments this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH I've made those bird feeders before, but in the spring time. Never thought to hang them on the tree. That's a very cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always enjoyed making some decorations for Christmas. These would be fun to try out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My kids would love to do this. I cannot believe Christmas is coming so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think making your own ornaments add to the excitement that Christmas is coming! Love the ideas that you listed here and I'm definitely considering making some of the ornaments on my own this year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe it's already time to start thinking about Christmas!! I do love these DIY ornaments though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are some really cute Christmas ornaments. The donut ones look like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love making my own ornaments too. There are so many great ideas here. I would love to make some of these this year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not ready to think about Christmas yet. I feel like we just celebrated the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great projects to do with The Grands. Babushka's personal favorites are the birdseed ornaments, but pinned the post to look through them all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been doing handmade ornaments for the past 6 years, so easy to find ideas nowadays with Pinterest.... the only thing... you have to figure out what you want to do for the upcoming year if you want to buy the Christmas crafting stuff while it's in store!

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!