Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The Christmas Wreath

Before anyone sets foot inside your house, the Christmas wreath makes an impression on your guests.  The wreath is the message that gets sent to passersby as they drive, walk, bike, scoot or stroll past your home.  What message do you want to send?  For me, I want all who come by to feel the joy of Christmas and smile.



1.  Traditional Elegance-Christmas wreaths of mixed evergreens tied with red and green ribbon speak of timeless tradition. Does this sound like you? I love seeing the traditional colors of Christmas on any door!

Found here:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/486786317/christmas-wreath-plaid-christmas-wreath
2.  Seaside Charm-The Christmas wreath that says "my heart is at the beach" is so much fun and very popular these days. Any decor can accommodate the seashell wreath, as they used them in Victorian days, too.

photo via http://homemydesign.com/2014/25-inspiring-beach-christmas-decorations/
3.  Glitz and Glamour-Are sparkles, silver, and gold your favorite holiday accents? Then add it to your front door to give your whole house a Christmas sparkle.

found here:  https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/210460973/victorian-christmas-wreath-silver-and
4.  Natural Elements-Pine cones, nuts, birds' nests, feathers, if these are the things that speak to you, incorporate them into a wreath you will love.  The woodsy look and feel is so inviting. For a bit of fun, add some star anise and stick cinnamon for a welcoming aroma.

Found here:  https://www.mumsnet.com/christmas/top-tips-for-a-poncetastic-christmas
5.  Whimsical-Are you a fan of the unexpected? A whimsical wreath, one that makes you smile every time you see it might be just what you need on your door.  This wreath is hard to find, but when you do, you know it immediately!

From:  https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/206655457/candyland-pink-blue-christmas-wreath
6.  Country Farmhouse-This welcoming wreath can be full of fun items, from rustic farm tools, hand-lettered signs, burlap and dried foliage. Many times the base is an evergreen wreath, but a simple circle of grapevine might also be found.

Found here:  https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/560010849/red-truck-wreathchristmas-wreaths
7.  Retro-This wreath usually uses retro items as a feature, such as Star Brite ornaments, retro toys, retro light bulbs and creates a wreath full of nostalgia for old times.

Old fashioned buttons and toys make this traditional wreath retro!
Did you find your wreath style here? Which one is for you?  Leave me a comment which one it is!  If I didn't address your style, let me know! I can add to this post in an instant.  


Would you like to comment?

  1. These are all beautiful. I was looking at some of my Christmas decorations and noticed that I need a new wreath this year. Ours has seen better days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been known to extend the life of my wreaths longer than I should. I am learning to identify fading, raveling and bare spots!

      Delete
  2. I like traditional when I decorate or see a decoration. The natural elements and retro are the ones I would choose because that says Christmas to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that about you! I know you are a modern gal with a bit of traditional in you!

      Delete
  3. Love these wreath, I have a friend who is super handy when it comes to arts and crafts like this she would love them. Sadly I am not too good, but these are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so beautiful. I wish I had more than 1 door so I could hang lots of wreaths up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some beautiful, festive, and creative Christmas wreaths! Just the right thing to get into the holiday spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never hung up a wreath. I never quite knew how and I don't have a storm door to protect it from blowing away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful wreaths! I have several that I hang about my home (inside and outside) for Christmas. And for other holidays/seasons too. There's just something about wreaths...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing all the different wreaths people put up these days. You really can get crafty and show off your own style or even tie into where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great selection of wreaths but my favorite has to be the Country Farmhouse. Hanging Christmas wreath is our family tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the wreaths so much! I think my favorite one is the one with the truck in the center of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love wreaths, they are just so expensive! I plan on trying to do a few DIY ones from the Dollar Tree this year and hopefully they turn out alright.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Christmas wreaths, especially with a classic look. But some of the whimsical ones sure are cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so stinkin' cute! I'm really loving that one with the truck in it. Would fit RIGHT in here in Georgia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a lovely little woven straw wreath, with woven straw bells, but it's seen better days... (realizing - I've had it for 35 years! OK, it doesn't owe me anything... LOL) And sometimes, for a change, I get one from the tree farmer at the year round farmer's market - nothing like the scent of fresh cut evergreen! Ribbon bows and pine cones, then.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so excited to get a new holiday wreath on our door! I'd love to get our holiday decorating done this week so I can focus on fun holiday crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't celebrate Christmas but I always thought these were so cute! I love doing stuff like this for the autumn season though, and just so I can enjoy it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know which wreath I want on my door this year. I love the whimsical style wreath but there is something about just having a traditional choice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all so beautiful. I loved the idea of a sea themed one. It also seems perfect to make along with my sea animal obsessed lil boy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This makes me soo happy. I think my absolute favorite Christmas wreath is just the traditional REAL pine wreaths with a simple red velvet bow. *heart eyes* I can't wait to start decorating!!

    Hannah Rooks
    www.therookiewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was immediately drawn to the whimsical wreath! Now I have to go on a hunt for one that fits our family and will look great on our door.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Traditional for me! and I WANT a red truck!!! can't seem to find any around here

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!