Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Graceful Touches: Creating Christmas Charm

It's Thanksgiving Eve here in the United States and I am so looking forward to spending some time with my family on Thanksgiving. We will be traveling all of Thursday and home again on Friday.  Most of Friday and Saturday will be spent in decorating for Christmas.


You might remember that I said that my family is cutting back on the holiday decor as we will be spending Christmas Day in Mexico.  I love decorating for the holidays, so I am really making an effort about choosing just the right item for each room to give it the charm of the holiday.  I am calling these special decorations Graceful Touches.

My living room, kitchen and dining room will get their traditional treatment. We spend most of our time in these rooms and they will be decorated as usual.  The rooms that will get Graceful Touches will be the master bedroom, the guest bedroom, my study, and the den.  I have been thinking carefully about what touches I will be using in each room.


The criteria I am using is based around family tradition. We are 40 years deep into our Christmas traditions and if some things were packed away, it just wouldn't seem like Christmas!  Those items will get first priority to be a Graceful Touch in one of the rooms.

Current Graceful Touch items:

1. Ceramic Christmas tree made by my mother
2. Ceramic Santa and Mrs. Claus made by my mother
3. German Santa purchased this year
4. Margarita Santa purchased this year
5. Wooden Slat Christmas Tree
6. A skating Santa made by my mother-in-law
7. Gold gilted mirror


What are your Graceful Touches?  Things that make your Christmas extra special?

Would you like to comment?

  1. I actually put up my Christmas tree in early November. Yes, I am one of those that do not wait for Thanksgiving to be over because I actually love it when the tree is up and we get together for Thanksgiving. It make my home look so much more festive! Thank you for sharing your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of these graceful touches. Isn't interesting how having to use less really makes you think of the meaning behind each item and what you will actually use. Enjoy Christmas in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How festive!! I love your graceful touches, Terri!! Christmas is definitely my favorite holiday to decorate for - I can’t wait to dive in when I return from my Thanksgiving company cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so festive! I absolutely LOVE decorating for Christmas and these are all GREAT ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer a more minimalist Christmas too; I do adore Christmas, but I don't feel the need to go completely over the top with decor. Sometimes less is more! Loving your decorations; I get a special bauble from my mum every year and those are so special to me, I love putting them on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are in the middle of debating which size of tree would fit into our home, because it is the first time we are going to spent Christmas in this apartment. We have plenty of space, but also plenty of animals, that may become slightly distructive, so one that is maybe a little smaller and can go on a small table is what I want. But I am not the only one with voting rights. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such great ideas! I can't wait to get back home and decorate now!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is so charming! I love all the little touches that you made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute decor! We haven't put ours up yet, but I am anxious! There's just something about Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your decor! I love Christmas time it is the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a few santas. I don't know why but Santas are always what I like the most.

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!