Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The Christmas Haus

I love traveling the small towns in my state of Missouri.  This summer my husband and I took a trip to Kimmswick, a quaint town on the Mississippi River.  It was founded in 1859 by Theodore Kimm, a St. Louis businessman who originated from Brunswick, Germany.  The name of the town is a combination of the two names.  The town grew to have its own flour mill, brewery, brickyard, copper shop, wagon maker, and blacksmith shop.



The town has restored many of its homes to their 1850s charm and draws visitors each year to shop in its charming shops and The Blue Owl, a restaurant that was featured on Oprah, The Food Network, The Today Show and The Travel Channel!  They are famous for their Mile High Pie.  We had it and it was amazing!!!


My favorite spot, though, was The Christmas Haus, a Christmas shop on the edge of town.  Walking up to it is so exciting!  There is a large front porch with comfy chairs and a large Santa.  Continuing into the shop, you can go left or right.  I headed right.  Already there were several decorated trees waiting for me!  Many nativity sets and large Santas were displayed throughout.  The shop carries Byers Carolers and Baldwin Brass, too.  I also found this adorable Magical Elf Ornament, which is going to be a giveaway today for one lucky reader!




To enter this contest, simply leave a comment on the question below.  If you want to like my Facebook page, that would be awesome, but is not a requirement.  You can find the page here:  Christmas Tree Lane.


Isn't this sweet?  A lot like Elf on the Shelf, but little.  He's about 2 inches high.  I'll mail him anywhere in the US and Canada.

Do you enjoy Christmas shoppes, too?  When I am traveling, I like to be on the look out for a Christmas shop. It is my favorite place to get a souvenir!

Would you like to comment?

  1. I do enjoy Christmas shops and will visit them when I travel, as possible. One time, visiting my daughter in Nevada, a local country shop was having a pre-Christmas open house in the fall when I was there. You can be sure I visited the shop for that, and found some lovely souvenirs to bring home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mile high pie? Sounds like I need to plan a trip out your way to get some of that. I love exploring charming small towns, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do! Always adding to my Christmas decor. Sounds like a fun day trip! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog so much!! That pie looks AMAZING!! We have that same Santa and baby Jesus scene in ornament form. It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like it has everything you need for decorating. I love towns like this, they're always so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a lovely town and it would be nice to spend the day just walking around here! I think that house full of Christmas decor is amazing and I'd love to go there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pies look absolutely amazing! I want to visit this place just for a piece of that!! Bet there are many amazing products here too

    ReplyDelete
  9. This place is so pretty. I love little towns like this and fun shops! Looks like somewhere I need to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those apple pies are magical. I don't even understand how they don't leak out everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute Christmas shop and town to explore. That mile high pie is insane. I would love to see how they make it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mile high pie is terrific ! Bought one for my husband for his birthday~ it must have weighed 20 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to see a home like this. What a fun way to get excited about the upcoming season!

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!