Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Wednesday, September 13, 2017

DIY Christmas Stockings

You might remember that my family has decided to spend Christmas in Mexico.  While I am very excited about it, I am also feeling very nostalgic about our traditions.  One tradition will continue even when we are on vacation, and that is Christmas stockings!


Burlap Christmas Stocking by Craft Passion
Easy Christmas Stockings by Craftaholics Anonymous
Classic Cuffed Stockings by Positively Splendid
DIY Sweater Stockings by Confessions of a Serial DIYer
Woven Stockings by a Beautiful Mess
Stiletto Christmas Stockings by Interior Frugalista
Duct Tape Stockings by Club Chica Cirlce
Fur Topped Stocking by Jessie at Home
Crochet Stocking by With a Grateful Prayer and a Thankful Heart
DIY Felt Stockings by Homemade Ginger
Fur Flannel Stocking Pattern by Girl Inspired


My thoughts right now are to pack up a suitcase with our traditional stockings and all the gifts we will have for them.  I am thinking that the "gifts" will mostly be experiences to have in Cabo.  Like a whale watching trip, a special homemade dinner in the condo, etc.  The gifts might be just the description of the event on a card and the card will go into the stocking.  Maybe some gift cards, too. I am still brainstorming right now.  Any ideas greatly appreciated!!

Do you have traditions centered around stockings?  Tell us yours!


Would you like to comment?

  1. What a great idea! My first thought was to fill the stockings with gift cards or gum or candy. Your family will appreciate having this tradition so far from home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of Christmas stockings - we did not have that in Germany, where I grew up, and because we observe a different religious path, my kids never participated in those either. Yet I find them a charming and colorful addition to the holiday season.

    Blessings!

    Claudia
    http://withinthepagesofabook.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh these are so totally awesome!!! They are adorable and now I'm so excited for the holidays to get here!! Shell

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful tradition! I'm Jewish, so we don't have a a stocking tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great and a wonderful idea of the use of creative stockings. I can't wait for the holidays! I am so excited for them to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me so excited for Christmas!! Growing up, we had our same stocking and it was guaranteed there would be an orange and a rice krispie in it (on top of everything else). Can't wait to start my own traditions with my family!

    www.therookiewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unlike a lot of families that open their presents first thing Christmas morning, mine wait until after dinner. However, we are allowed to open our stocking gifts! It's usually the same thing - chocolates, office supplies, and mini flashlights (lol) but I still always look forward to it. I absolutely love your "gift" ideas! Experiences make the best gifts and you can't go wrong with gift cards! <3

    Amanda
    thegeekyfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. We never got into making or hanging Christmas stockings. However, this year I do plan on making some with the kids.

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!