Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Christmas Countdown Ideas

I adore counting down to Christmas! I love advent calendars and those cute little pocket things with little trinkets inside! I shop for trinkets all year around, especially when we travel. I love picking up items that are unique to the area.  For example, when we were in Cabo last, I picked up individually wrapped Mexican chocolates! I also found some delightful individually wrapped tea bags using Mexican vanilla and tea.  What trinkets are you finding out there?  This is a great time to get good deals on school supplies AND Christmas is a great time to receive new ones!  Here are some wonderful ways to count down to Christmas that you will want to make.



Christmas Tree Countdown by My Sister’s Suitcase
Christmas Countdown Garland by the Crafting Chicks
Christmas Book Countdown by Positively Splendid
Advent Countdown Calendar by Design Dazzle
DIY Advent Jar by Mess for Less
DIY Boxes Advent Calendar by Powerful Mothering
25 Days of Service by I Heart Naptime

So who started all this counting down to Christmas?  Back in the day, the celebrants of Christ's birthday used Advent to lead up to the event.  Each Sunday was a set of prayers and scriptures that were said and candles were lit.  Some attribute the countdown fad to German carpenters in the 19th century who made wooden calendars of tiny drawers in which a treat was held.  This led the way to the current explosion of ways to countdown to Christmas.  Whomever you give credit, it is a wonderful way to build the excitement for one of my favorite holidays.

Would you like to comment?

  1. There are so many unique, creative ideas for Christmas countdowns, thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas countdowns is one of our favorite ways to enjoy the holidays. It's part of our family traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all such fun and festive ideas! My kids would absolutely love making these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great ideas. I am really excited to countdown to Christmas. We are in our new house, and can't wait to decorate and get all ready! we'll be doing one of these! - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never done any sort of christmas countdown - we never even had advent calendars as kids so I love some of these ideas! Something to try this year

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never done a christmas countdown - we didnt even have advent calendars as kids so I'd be interested in using one of these ideas this year so something fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner. Crazy! I love all of these ideas, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have already been thinking about Christmas and what we'll do this year! Christmas is one of my favorite times of year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great roundup of Christmas countdown ideas! We LOVE Christmas in my house and will definitely take a look at doing one of these! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute blog name! I love the Christmas season and decorate the 2nd week of November.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm such a Christmas nerd! I love all things Christmas and I'm already getting excited for the holidays to hit this year. Cute ideas

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all so creative and cute ideas!! Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday and I cannot wait to celebrate it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really never do countdowns on Christmas, but with these new and great ideas, I cannot wait to start my own. My fave is the Smarties Surprise Christmas Countdown .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays. These are such cute ways to be able to countdown to it.

    ReplyDelete

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!