Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Christmas in July

It's very sad when a Christmas blog misses the Christmas in July party!  However, this blogger started a new job and has been training out-of-town for the month of July.  Hopefully all will be forgiven now that I am jumping in with this post!

To celebrate Christmas in July, I am participating in a Retro Christmas Swap put on by the ladies at Girls Like Us, a Proboards group I joined many, many years ago when Gooseberry Patch closed their open forum.  Many of us had grown close through our posts and remain friends today!  Since I haven't mailed my box as of yet, I can't tell you what I purchased for this swap but I do promise to share later.

If you are a Pinterest user, you can find many fun ideas on my Christmas Tree Lane's Christmas in July board.  My focus was using seasonal things, swimming pool noodles, strawberries, watermelon, etc., in a way to celebrate Christmas!  These things are readily available in the Midwest in July, so your celebration will be easy and economical!

Here's a inexpensive but delightful idea for your CIJ party.  Using white labels, you can write "Melted Snowman" with sharpies and a snowman beside the words.  Stick the label over a water bottle label and there you go!  So simple, yet, very festive and fun and a great way to get your family to drink more water!  These labels are much more elaborate and so cute!!


Enjoy your celebration and let me know if you do the Melted Snowman idea!

Would you like to comment?

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!