Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Sunday, December 12, 2010

JYC Day 12

Tales of Christmas past...

I am the firstborn grandchild on both sides of my family.  I can't say I was spoiled because my sister came a long quite soon after me.  However, there are tons of movies on my first steps, my first words, and my first Christmas.  I was quite take with my Grandpa Oliver.  That was an attachment that lasted my entire life.  He was the one person who I felt believed in me no matter what. I don't think he ever believed I did anything wrong.  Because of that, he was the one person I could tell the complete and whole truth to, and totally knew that he'd believe me each and every time.

Grandpa Oliver died when he was in his 90s but right before he died I had a chance to hold his hand and tell him how much I loved him and how much I was going to miss him.  I believed he squeezed my hand right after I hugged him.

Here we are in happier times!  

circa 1958 (the black and white photo)
 

Would you like to comment?

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!