Christmas Tree Lane participates in affiliate advertising, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase via our links. Thank you for your continued support.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's Rudolph Day in August!


The 25th of every month is Rudolph Day for those who follow the OC site. I haven't done much with Rudolph Day throughout this year but since it is soooo close to Christmas I am excited about it!

I have decided to give all handmade gifts this Christmas to my extended family and friends. Most of these will be food type baskets full of the things I like to make, hot fudge sauce, salsa, cornbread mix and bean soup. If you supply the tortilla chips and ice cream, you can have a meal on me! I will start looking for appropriate baskets at garage sales, or start looking for inexpensive containers at Dollar General or the Dollar Store.

For my immediate family, I am at a loss. Part of me wants to do something different, like a trip, but I could not bear seeing lots of gifts under the tree. So I am going to have to weigh that decision carefully!

I did decide that we are going to do a breakfast BBQ for our Christmas breakfast. I am going to talk Bob into grilling sausages while I make scrambled eggs and country hashbrowns on the grill and making biscuits and gravy. Won't that be fun, even in the middle of a midwest winter?

Looking forward to hearing your plans for making your holiday unique and special!

Would you like to comment?

Receiving comments are like getting a candy cane on your present! Special!